As the new year approaches, South Africa’s tertiary institutions know there isn’t enough student accommodation for the wave of new students about to embark on their university careers.
South Africa is short some 500k student accommodation beds.
A World Bank Group’s International Finance Corporation (IFC) feasibility report shows that by 2025 local student accommodation shortfalls will climb to 780 000 beds.
Stellenbosch University, recognised locally and internationally as a leading tertiary institution with a 30 000-strong student population, is massively oversubscribed. Its Campus, comprised of 31 university residences and other university accommodation options, only supplies some 6 500 student beds.
Welcome to The One, Stellenbosch. An iconic fully-managed student development with 508 luxury units complemented by an array of never before seen amenities designed around the common goal of facilitating academic excellence. The One sets a new standard for student accommodation on the African continent.
Aimed at creating a safe, supportive and engaging environment to allow students to thrive during their tertiary education, it’s located only 750 metres from the prestigious Stellenbosch University and is the result of more than five years of careful research and planning. It represents a best-in-class offering developed in collaboration with both property development and academic industry leaders.
The One Property Group is backed by leading South African residential and commercial property investors and developers including: Buffet Investments, KLT, Hackprop, Johan Van Der Merwe, and Yieldex, who have between them, have delivered a magnitude of successful residential and hotel opportunities in South Africa and abroad over the past 15 years.
Strong capital growth potential in Stellenbosch
The goal with any investment property should ultimately be capital growth. Nothing ensures this better than a prime location geared for continual development and expansion.
The Stellenbosch market brings considerable capital growth appeal with ongoing student population cycles spurring growth and development, adding a recession-proof safeguard for this prime location through rental yield.
With a conservative average estimated 6% capital appreciation, buy-to-let investments are considered low-risk investments. However, south African Property industry data shows that sectional title sale price averages in Stellenbosch have seen a 20% increase in 2021.
A marked recovery on the -4% in the pandemic hit 2020 and even more so on the -10% in the pre-pandemic year of 2019. With a guaranteed rental offering, The One is more than a smart investment opportunity.
Stellenbosch sales performance data for Sections Titles between 2019 to 2021
Investing in a high demand, resilient asset class
The One makes for a smart investment opportunity courtesy of a variety of factors:
- Secure your unit on launch and receive a R200 000 discount
- Scarcity of premium and well-rounded student accommodation in Stellenbosch
- High rental demand area
- Potential for high capital growth
- Unrivaled in-house amenities and facilities
- Desirable location only 750m from Stellenbosch University
- Competitively priced units
- Section 13 Tax Incentives
- Security & peace of mind for parents
- Student accommodation near this caliber is typically only to let in Stellenbosch
Snapshot of The One’s unique convenience-centric and lifestyle-orientated amenities
The developers of The One have put in five years of careful planning, research, and industry-leader collaboration with critical stakeholders, including Stellenbosch University, to create the ultimate student address in Stellenbosch.
Standout features include:
- Resort-style swimming pool
- Woodfire braai areas & firepit
- Outdoor undercover lounge
- Restaurant & coffee shop
- Convenience store
- Study centre
- World-class fitness centre
- Cinema room
- eGaming room
- Themed professional kitchens on every floor
- Backup power for all common areas
- High-speed Wi-Fi throughout
- Secure car, motorbike & bicycle parking
Ultimately, The One enhances student life with modern-day convenience. Its optimal academic amenities include tailor-made solo study pods to multi-purpose boardrooms for group work.
What investors need to know:
- Sales go live online at 12pm on Wed, 26 October 2022
- Expected completion is set for November 2024
- 508 units over 5 floors
- Parking available to purchase separately
- Prices start at R1,55million.
- Corner of Dennesig & Hofman Street, Stellenbosch